St Johnstone have given Derek McInnes permission to travel to Bristol City today for talks over the vacant managerial post at Ashton Gate.
Another loss at the weekend for the Robins, this time at the hands of Peterborough United, has increased the urgency for a swift appointment.
McInnes admits there is an attraction for him to manage the Championship side but insists no decision has yet been made, "The chairman has allowed me to speak to them and obviously agreed something with them. It is a case of going down and waiting to see what develops."
"I am reluctant to even speak about leaving because all it is is an opportunity to speak to them. The fact I am going down to speak obviously means there is an attraction there but I am reluctant to say any more on it."
McInnes is not the only name in the frame for the Robins post. Former Rotherham United and Barnsley boss Mark Robins is another manager mooted for the position.

No comments:
Post a Comment