Ashton United have confirmed the return of former skipper Craig Robinson as player/assistant boss at the club.
Speaking after their 2-2 draw at the weekend with Chorley, manager Danny Johnson explained his decision to bring the defender back to the club.
"We haven't got a problem scoring goals in fact we are up with the best in the league at scoring goals, it's conceding them that is the problem and that is why I have jumped at the chance to bring back Craig Robinson."
"I have remained a close friend of Robbo and I supported his move to Droylsden over the summer at the detriment to Ashton United Football Club. I told Robbo he needed to give it a go as every player should want to better themselves and play at the highest level they possibly can. However, he has been hampered with an ankle injury and hasn't featured very often."

No comments:
Post a Comment