Monday 8 September 2014

INTERVIEW: MARC WEATHERSTONE [WINGATE & FINCHLEY FC]

Wingate & Finchley skipper Marc Weatherstone took time out of his pre-season training schedule to answer a few questions for us here at Under The Prem.



How do you feel last season went for the club?
Last season was disappointing for us! We had the capability to do well within the Ryman Premier with the squad we had. Consistency was and is the key for a successful season which we didn't have unfortunately.
What were some of the highs and lows of the 2013/14 campaign for you personally?
For me the high was becoming captain of a team that I have been involved with for a good few years. Another high was the appointment of Danny Nielsen as gaffer and Dave Norman coming back, who both care massively for the club, which is what I want at Wingate & Finchley. The low was not doing enough to keep Wingate in the league! It kills me that as captain I lead the team down.
How has pre-season gone for you on a personal level so far?
Pre season has started off really well. We went back earlier than most teams and I felt fit. I played in the first five games which brought three victories and two defeats, for me personally sometimes it's good to lose a couple of games during pre season as you can always learn from them.
We're quickly approaching the 2014/15 kick-off, what are you looking forward to most this season?
This season I'm looking forward to showing everyone that last season was not a true reflection of what Wingate are about. I hear that we're favourites to go down which I love as we will be proving a lot of people wrong, if they look at how we finished last season then they will know we're going to start this season flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment