Monday 8 September 2014

INTERVIEW: JACK PAYNE [PETERBOROUGH UNITED]

Peterborough United midfielder Jack Payne spoke to us here at Under The Prem earlier in the summer. We asked him a few questions regarding his ambitions for the new 14/15 campaign and the previous seasons achievements.


How do you feel last season went for the club?
Obviously we were all very disappointed to lose in the play-off semi-finals. Everyone at the club was desperate to get an immediate return to the Championship, but it didn’t really go as we had planned in that respect. However, we lifted the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy at Wembley Stadium and that was a great day for everyone.
What were some of the highs and lows of the 2013/14 campaign for you personally?
Personally, I was slightly disappointed with how things went. I was injured in pre-season and that set me back a bit and I was always playing catch up. However, I came back early for pre-season this year, have been made captain and am very much looking forward to the start of the season.
How has pre-season gone for you on a personal level so far?
Yeah it has been going well. We are unbeaten [at the time of writing)] in pre-season and I have got the minutes under my belt that I was looking for.
We're quickly approaching the 2014/15 kick-off, what are you looking forward to most this season?

We have made some good signings in the close season and the team spirit is fantastic. That is going to be key this season I feel. We have a tough start with MK Dons and Sheffield United in the first week, but we are all determined to hit the ground running.

No comments:

Post a Comment