Monday 8 September 2014

INTERVIEW: MICHAEL PEACOCK [HARROW BOROUGH]

Harrow Borough's defender Michael Peacock answered a few questions for us earlier in the summer. Click 'READ MORE' to see his responses in our bite size interview.



How do you feel last season went for the club?
I feel the club had a mixed bag of fortunes last season. We found ourselves looking over our shoulders from time to time as we flirted with the relegation spots but in the end avoided relegation fairly comfortably. We showed how much potential we have in our side with some outstanding performances beating the likes of Maidstone, Hornchurch and Dulwich who were at the top end of the table. We really let ourselves down in the FA cup and were unfortunate to lose out in a tough game with Dulwich in the FA trophy.
What were some of the highs and lows for you personally in 2013/2014?
Personally to appear in 50+ games is a high as i feel it's a real achievement to play this many games in one campaign. The low was without a doubt losing in the first qualifying round of the FA cup against a side we were more then capable of beating. It's an honour to play in such an amazing competition and not to fulfil your potential is really disappointing.
How has pre season gone for you on a personal level so far?
Pre season for me personally has been great. I enjoy training hard and seeing fitness improve. What is more pleasing for me is that I had picked up a pretty serious ankle injury with three weeks remaining of the season and I wasn't able to do any training until our first session of pre season. So I have felt my confidence and strength in my ankle improve and lead to getting my performance levels back to where I need them to be.
What are you looking forward to most this season?
I am looking forward to showing how good our team can be and hopefully with a higher level of consistency can challenge much further up the table than we have been in recent seasons. Also looking forward to having a good run in both FA competitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment