Monday 8 September 2014

INTERVIEW: GRANT SHENTON [RAMSBOTTOM UNITED]

We recently interviewed Ramsbottom United's goalkeeper Grant Shenton. We discussed last season for the Rams and his hopes for the current 14/15 campaign.



How do you feel last season went for the club?
Obviously it was a very good season for Ramsbottom, for a club with such a small budget to get another promotion was amazing. Everyone at the club was on a high and rightly so, as a team we've worked hard to get where we are today.
What were some of the highs and lows of the 2013/14 campaign for you personally?
The high for me has got to be the team getting the promotion and even more so with the start we had. One point after five games was as bad a start and we were second bottom. Lows for me were limping off at New Mills suspecting a sprained ankle, turned out it was a double fracture. Was a horrible feeling knowing I wasn't going to be helping the team get a promotion. The team having the quality we do we still got promoted. And Martin was brilliant in my absence and if it was not for a save from him late in the play off final who knows what would have happened afterwards. And on a personal achievement level making it into team of the year was a very proud moment for me.
How has pre-season gone for you on a personal level so far?
Pre-season is going very well I feel fitter and my leg hasn't bothered me in terms of the injury so it's going well. Working with our new goalkeeper coach John Morrey has been very good and I feel my game will only get better working with him.
We're quickly approaching the 2014/15 kick-off, what are you looking forward to most this season?

The new challenge of playing in a better league against better opposition and trying to get as high as we can with this team. We're all very good mates and it shows on the pitch so I'm just itching to get the season underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment